Wednesday 20 June 2012

Tile design - take 2

We just added an option to buy another set of tiles for Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster, so I thought I would share all the final versions of them. There are ten different locations - 


Cargo Bay
Engine control
Catwalks
Reactor Core
Personnel area
Living quarters
Control centre
Science Bay
Transit Station
Escape Pods

All of the above are large (35cm x 35cm) square tiles. The final art is all complete for these now - since we last showed some of the designs we did a final detail pass, and added a little blood and gore.



Here they all are - 











Hope you like them!


mike

3 comments:

Voidsign said...

I cannot wait to get my hands on this game. It all looks so Beautiful.

-Voidsign-

Iron Saint said...

Hi Mike,
the quality of this game keeps improving every time I check!

I was wondering how the tiles works,
I mean a miniature is allowed to enter a square that is not complete but is cut by a wall? (like the corner squares of the round room)

I would like to build a 3D gameboard using some stuff I designed (like this http://childrenofthekraken.blogspot.it/2011/06/space-hulk-project-update.html) so I would like to start building before having the game in my hand!

StudioMcVey said...

@ Iron Saint - miniatures can enter a square as long as there is a centre point marked on it.

There is a thread on the SM forums with a few people building 3D tiles, check it out! http://studiomcvey.com/forums/index.php?/topic/260-hirst-arts-terrian-step-by-step-videos-updated/